Garlic Rubbed Roasted Cabbage Steaks
Ingredients 1 (approx 2lb) head of organic green cabbage, cut into 1″ thick slices,
1.5 tablespoons Roasted Garlic Oil
2 to 3 large smashed garlic cloves
kosher salt, freshly ground black pepper
olive oil spray OR non-stick cooking spray.
1. Preheat oven to 375F and spray a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray. Pull outer leaves off cabbage, cut cabbage from top to bottom (bottom being root) into 1″ thick slices.
2. Rub both sides of cabbage with smashed garlic.
3. Use a pastry brush to evenly spread the olive oil over both sides of the cabbage slices.
4. Finally, sprinkle each side with a bit of kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper.
5. Roast on the middle rack for 25 minutes. Carefully flip the cabbage steaks and roast for an additional 25 minutes until edges are brown and crispy. A very nice optional condiment would be adding balsamic vinegar on the top when finished cooking.